HQ – Los Angeles
This role provides support to the Life and Health Account Manager providing day to day client service. This position is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service and administrative support.
- Act as a back-up for the Account Manager when they are out of the office. Client engagement will include email, telephone and sometimes in person.
- Responsible for handling all implementation paperwork when a change in carrier occurs or when a new product is implemented.
- Promptly fulfill supply request from clients in preparation of open enrollment and new hire communication. Includes coordination carrier supplies and reviewing upon receipt for accuracy.
- Request, review, coordinate and manage updates and track client plan documents such as booklets, contracts, SPDs, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of client communication materials including benefit summaries, PowerPoint presentations and any other communication materials that may be needed.
- As needed, preparation of materials needed for client meetings including but not limited to carrier contact sheets and team contact sheets.
- Expected to be well versed on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform. Responsibilities may include preparing Compliance documents upon request.
- As needed, provide resolution support and oversight of client issues such as enrollment and billing issues. When the Benefit Resource Center is not engaged, support with escalated claim issues is also expected.
- Update and maintain agency management system with client information as needed up renewal and as changes occur.
- Work with Internal Partners, Clients and Carriers to ensure accurate and prompt responses to all outstanding issues.
- Other miscellaneous duties general office duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior customer service experience and insurance industry knowledge preferred, but not required.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2007, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must currently hold life and disability insurance license (or must attain it within 4 months of your start date and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
- Ability to meet foreseen and unforeseen production demands.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverage’s and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships.
- Promote teamwork by sharing experiences, assisting others when help is needed and maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Expected to further industry education through insurance courses and inform group department of knowledge gained.
- Strong ability to problem solve, set and meet deadlines, communicate, work under pressure, organize, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and operate in a fast paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Good at attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Enthusiastic attitude, cooperative team player, adaptable to new or changing circumstances, professional demeanor, sensitive to client needs, self-motivated, creative and innovative.
- Ability to carry out multiple tasks with both concrete and abstract variables.
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as knowledge of Microsoft office products
The Account Executive manages complex commercial property and casualty accounts and is required to work at a strategic level to develop a consultative business relationship with existing and prospective clients.
The Account Executive is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring of a comprehensive customer service plan that reflects the client's business and risk management goals. Must manage the marketing of new and renewal accounts and provide analysis to clients with recommendations of coverages and insurance products. Contribute to new business development within the Agency and identify cross-sell opportunities. Provide leadership and mentoring to Teammates.
Primary Responsibilities and Qualifications :
- Current CA Property/Casualty Insurance License
- CPCU and/or Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) Designations, a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of risk management and loss control
- Experience developing and maintaining strong working relationships with existing and prospective clients and insurance underwriters
- Broad commercial insurance knowledge with a minimum of eight year's industry experience and/or demonstrated ability to successfully handle large complex accounts.
- Knowledge of contractual policy language
- Solid problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Evaluate and direct all aspects of accounts, including renewals, policy administration, reviews, claims administration and loss control.
- Provide the finest professional insurance service to clients by consistently upholding Agency Standards and Best Practices
- Review insurance policy applications for completeness, accuracy, and acceptability of risk
- Automation knowledge of Applied Systems/Epic program a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Job Type: Full-time
Account Executive - Insurance Agency: 8 years
I. Job Summary
The primary function of this position is to meet the overall insurance needs of our clients. The Personal Lines Account Manager must provide prompt, accurate, professional service to our clients, producers and company personnel in order to maintain and grow our personal lines book of business.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Provide advice and counsel on personal lines matters to an assigned personal lines book of business. Meet daily servicing needs of our clients. Coordinate and oversee services provided by company service centers.
- Evaluate prospect's current insurance program and offer alternatives based on coverage and price. Present proposals and finalize sale.
- Ensure maximum retention of assigned personal lines book of business. Work pro-actively to re-market policies whenever appropriate.
- Maintain high proficiency level with carrier website rating systems, to provide accurately priced alternative quotes to clients and prospects.
- Monitor electronic activities closely for assigned book of business.
- Remain current on coverage, forms and rates to effectively address client's insurance needs.
- Round out monoline accounts by offering quotes for additional lines of business.
- Quote and place new business from referrals, walk-ins and call-ins, as needed.
- Make referrals to commercial, life & health, financial and banking services.
- Assume other job responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Minimum 2 years of Agency Personal Lines experience required
- Property and Casualty Producers license required
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet required
- Applied Systems 'Epic' system experience desired
- Working knowledge of Companies we represent desired
IV. Job Specific Competencies
- Courteous and professional telephone manner and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a high volume environment
- Pleasant and friendly personality, focused on client needs
- Sales/Production oriented
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be resourceful and have effective problem solving abilities