Auto Insurance FAQs

Here you will find answers to the common questions asked about our auto insurance policies.

What is the minimum insurance required to drive my car in California?

It is mandatory to have minimum coverage on specific types of California auto insurance, as shown below:

• Bodily Injury/Death liability per person: $15,000 • Bodily Injury/Death liability per accident: $30,000 • Property Damage: $5,000

What main factors help calculate my auto insurance rates?

Auto insurance premiums are based on a number of factors, for example your driving record, number of miles driven per year, number of years of driving experience. Additional examples of factors that may affect your premium are: vehicle type, vehicle usage, your home address and marital status.

Why do I need Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage if I have liability coverage?

In spite of liability coverage being mandatory in California, some people still drive without coverage. Also, California only requires minimum liability limits of $15,000 per person, $30,000 per accident. If the uninsured/ underinsured other party is at fault for the accident, these limits may not be adequate to cover your damages. This coverage would also come in to effect in the event of a hit and run accident.

If I borrow my friend’s car and get into an accident, whose insurance applies?

Insurance always follows the vehicle first. Therefore, your friend’s insurance would be the primary coverage. The driver’s insurance would be secondary if required.

Is my friend covered under my auto policy?

Most auto policies include a Permissive Use provision giving full or limited coverage to someone who drives your car with your permission. Please note, this may not apply if the driver is a member of your household.

What is the difference between collision and comprehensive?

Covers the damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision, regardless of who is responsible.

Comprehensive Physical Damage
Pays for damage to your car that is not the result of an auto accident, such as theft, vandalism, fire, hail, natural disasters, hitting a deer, etc. Comprehensive coverage will only pay as much as the car was worth prior to being damaged.

Customer Login

Remember Me Register Account